Friday, January 29, 2010
Banana Brown Barrels
Fun with Banana
6 large meduim-ripe bananas(lakatan) 1 egg 1 cup fresh or evaporated milk 3/4 cup panko(japanese breadcrumbs) 3-4 cups cookikng oil 3/4 cup brown sugar
1. Peel bananas and slice off the pointed tips.Cut bananas into three equal parts.
2. Insert a cocktail toothpick or popsicle stick into the center of each sliced banana.
3. In a bowl, whisk together egg and milk. Spread the breadcrumbs on the waxed paper or
baking paper.Dip each banana into egg-milk mixture.
4. Roll bananas in breadcrumbs.
5. In a frying pan or wok, pour cooking oil and heat until oil begins to shimmer. Carefully
put bananas in the oil and fry until golden brown, or about 1 minute.
6. Use tongs or slotted spoon to remove bannas from the hot oil. Drain bananas on a plate
lined with paper towels.
7. Let bananas cool one to two minutes then roll them in brown sugar. Serve immediately
or chill inrefrigerator until serving time.
Bananas are good warm or cold.