500g beef brisket or ribs strips
1/2 carrot, radish
3 stalks spring onion
1 small piece ginger
1 tbsp wine
1 tbsp rock sugar
3 tbsp dark soy sauce
1 tsp cornstarch
1. Rinse beef and scald to remove blood water.
2. Peel ca and raddish, rinse then roll-cut into pieces. Slant-cut spring onion
into sections.Cut ginger into slices.
3. Put 1/2 stalk of spring onion. 5 slices of ginger and 8 cups of water into a pot.
Bring to a boil before adding beef. Cook over low heat for about an hour. Remove
and cut into small pieces when slightly cooled.
4. Heat up 3 tablespoons of oil and stir-fry the rest of spring onion and ginger till
fragrant. Add beef, wine, dark soy sauce and rock sugar. Stir evenly then add a
cup of water, carrot and radish. Cover and continue to cook for about 1o
minutes. Season with salt and thicken with the mixture of cornstarch and 1
tablespoon of water.
5. Heat up the clay pot, Pour cooked beef into it and cook for another 2 minutes.